Cleansing Soul

Friday, November 4, 2011





Subhanallah. Inspiring, isn't it? I couldn't agree more.

It's weird that I felt a sudden gush of weird emotions watching the videos. So weird that having two in one sentence isn't enough. :\

It's a mix feelings of sadness, guilty, the feeling of not enough and anything equals to those. Oh wait, it's heightened.

It's not a shame that I actually broke out into tears watching both of the videos. Yes, I'm sentimental like that. I know it says in the title "Don't shed a tear watching this video".

Oh my, I didn't invite the tears. It came streaming down my cheeks just like that. Just because.

Truthfully, how often do you hear such powerful words that can easily touch your heart? Perhaps the threshold of my sadness began to recede on its own.

If your soul is still unflinching, I pray that one day you'll get there.

I don't know about you. I believe it depends on which angle you view it, no?

Frankly the message in the video uplifted me.

I wrote this once and I'm going to repeat it again as a reminder. We're so determined to satisfy ourselves hankering for the worldly affairs that we forget the existence of the other world.

Even if you're not ready, it doesn't hurt to just try and keep learning. Let's because I'm willing to learn. Xo

“He wanted to cry quietly but not for himself: for the words, so beautiful and sad, like music.”
James Joyce, A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man

“Anyone who has learned the Quran and holds it lovingly in his heart will 'value his nights when people are asleep, his days when people are given to excess, his grief when people are joyful, his weeping when people
laugh, his silence when people chatter and his humility when people are arrogant'. In other words every moment of life will be precious to him, and he should therefore be 'gentle', never harsh nor quarrelsome, 'nor one who makes a clamour in the market nor one who is quick to anger'.”
Ibn Mas'ud

“Heaven knows we need never be ashamed of our tears, for they are rain upon the blinding dust of earth, overlying our hard hearts. I was better after I had cried, than before--more sorry, more aware of my own ingratitude, more gentle.”
Charles Dickens

0 response(s):