Smile Like You Mean It

Thursday, December 16, 2010


Pic Credit: Google.com
Everyone in this whole wide world should smile every day. I mean what harm does smiling do in your life? It doesn't even cost you a dime.
I smile a lot and I smile to everyone even to stranger. But you know sometimes, it irks me that when you smile to someone, that someone didn't even care to smile back at you. Oh come on, if you're a stranger, it makes sense. You wouldn't want to just smile to any random stranger or maybe waiting for some feedback from random stranger. Yeah, that one is somehow weird.
I'm talking about people you know, people who is around you. Classmates, ex-classmates, friend of friend or anyone that is in your bubble life. You'll likely get to say Hello, Hi or whatever to people that is close to you but what about people you barely knew, I mean you knew her/him somewhere but you guys are not even close, or never talk to each other before.
What would you do if you see them? Well, be polite and offer a smile. Not a frown even a fake smile won't do. Well you can always spot a fake smile.
I've always smile but somehow sometimes, people don't smile back at you. Ugh. Do I have to pay you to earn that beautiful smile of yours? Of course not!
Sometimes I wonder is it so hard for one to just smile back? Regardless of who he/she is, if someone offers you a smile, be polite and smile back. Yeah, you don't even know that person but that doesn't mean you can't smile back. In fact, for crying out loud, smiling back or offering a smile has nothing to do with flirting, or being crazy.
Yeah, for some narrow-minded people, something like this will likely occur to them when they see someone's offering a smile:
-Oh she's flirting with him/ he's flirting with me
-Oh I don't even know her but she's smiling at me, what the heck.
-0h we're just classmate for God's sake, not even a close friend.
-Oh I hate him.
Nah, don't set your mind like that. It's not like everyone has a hidden agenda when they're smiling at you.
I've always feel unhappy when someone didn't smile back at me. It usually happens when you smile at random stranger (That's acceptable though), or even to some people like your ex-classmates, friend of friend and such. Maybe they're having one of their bad days so I can't punish them or even judge them like that. There's a reason for everything that we do right? =)
Whatever that is, for people out there who has a big heart, please just offer a smile and do smile back. It takes a second to smile but it takes forever to forget that one sincere smile.
Smile, even if it’s a sad smile, because sadder than a sad smile is the sadness of not knowing how to smile.~Jean de La Fontaine


Nobody needs a smile so much as the one who has none to give. So get used to smiling heart-warming smiles, and you will spread sunshine in a sometimes dreary world. ~Lawrence G. Lovasik
Sometimes your joy is the source of your smile, but sometimes your smile can be the source of your joy. ~Thich Nhat Hanh
P.s: I don't have a heart not to smile back if someone smiles at me even if I don't fancy her/him.

2 response(s):

Luiz Sommerville Junior said...

Hi , in tis day i come to you inside a wing of hope : - Mery Christmas and Happy New Year !
Peace and love to all family and friends !
Be well !

whibley said...

@Luiz Sommerville: Hi thanks a lot. You too..Merry Xmas and Happy New Year.