A Tale of A Chipmunk

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I have a chipmunk. And I'm not gonna tell you how I got him, how old is he, what's his daily routine whatsoever. Because it doesn't matter.

My chipmunk has been infected today!! Maybe not today, maybe even few days before. IDK.

This holiday, I pass by him every day but I have no intention to play with him whatsoever like I used to. Well The Strokes may have been responsible for it yesterday and even today. Whatever. But for the other days, it's just me. I seem to lose my interest.

The thing is, I was shocked seeing my chipmunk lethargic since he's always active, jumping up and down, dancing here and there, yada yada yada.

I bathed him, cleaned his cage, fed him with some carrots in favor of seeing him happy once again, but to no avail. He's still lethargic and he's lying deathly still, inert.

I was beyond worried, and I still am. I brought him to the vet, the vet said that he has been infected. He checked him thoroughly and I wasn't sure if he poked him or not, but a tiny faeces came out while he's checking. The faeces contained blood, poor Mr. Chipmunk.

The doctor claimed chipmunk as one of the fragile animals, once he gets infected, the effect is immediate and somewhat obvious as being shown by him these days.

Doctor said if he doesn't respond to the medicine given in 48 hours, there's a likelihood that he would die. Oh my, hearing that from a professional, my eyes got teary. Despite of everything, I do like him. Oh wait, I love him.

Come on Chipmunk, don't die on me. No, not yet. Pretty please. I'm praying everything will be back to normal soon. InsyaAllah.

0 response(s):