10 Things I Hate About You TV series

Wednesday, July 8, 2009














Have you watched the film yet? I bet you do because it is a 1999 film okay!! But for those who don’t watch it yet or haven’t heard of it better kill yourself. Argh..NO..NO..don’t kill yourself but at least kick yourself..! hahah..I’m just kidding. It’s absolutely fine if you don’t know about it. It is a romantic comedy film starring Heath Ledger (R.I.P) and Julia Stiles. Well I do love the film because it is romantic but I do not fancy Julia Stiles but she’s quite good in acting though. For those who have watched it you might still remember Heath’s singing “Can’t Take My Eyes Off You” scene. Oh I miss Heath but he has already passed away. He was a good actor and he died at a very young age. Sigh..=[..In the film I also love the scene when Julia read the poem. However I don’t want to talk about the film here but about the TV series. Yeah. “10 Things I Hate About You” has now made as TV series on ABC. The series premiered on 7th July 2009. The series is actually based on the film which is originally based on Shakespeare play The Taming of the Shrew. The series starring Lindsey Shaw (Kat Stratford), Meaghan Jette Martin (Bianca Stratford), Ethan Peck (Patrick Verona), Nicholas Braun (Cameron James), Dana Davis (Chastity Church) and the list goes on. The series focus largely on Stratford sisters (Kat and Bianca) who must juggle their social lives at Padua High, boys, and their overprotective father, but approach life differently, as Kat is impatient to make a difference in the world, is strong-willed and feminist, while Bianca is more concerned with her looks and popularity. According to the ABC website summary, the back-story of the Stratford sisters and their peers will be significantly different from the original film. One word after I watched the preview-> Hot! Ethan Peck is hot and he plays Patrick Verona!! That’s what makes him even hotter. Besides I really love Patrick Verona personalities. There’s something about him that will make people go gaga over him or is it just me? Hahha.. I have watched the first episode because the trailer is too appealing for me not to watch the series. You know how much I’m into TV series. Seriously in the commercials “10 Things I Hate About You” looked very interesting. It’s indeed interesting even the first episode is just for 30 minutes. The acting and the dialogues are awesome. The first episode is hilarious and sweet. I’m excited for more. I think I like Lindsey Shaw. She’s good as Kat and Meaghan is perfect as Bianca. It also appears to me that Lindsey Shaw looks a bit like Kristen Stewart and Jena Malone. Do you think so?? =] Ahh please help me because I find Ethan’s voice is very sexy. Dammit. Haha..And oh I’m intrigued by Patrick Verona’s character in this series. I read on a site that Verona doesn’t say much in first three episodes but he does start talking around episode four. It also says by second half of the season, Verona and Kat relationship will "move away from the comedy, more towards the relationship side of things." Hurmm..Looking forward to it..Honestly I think Dana Davis as Chastity who’s a very sick lame head cheerleaders + mean girl is cool. When I saw her on the series she looks very familiar to me and after a while of flashing back memories, I remember her!! She’s the one starring in Heroes season 2 as Monica. Nicholas Braun who plays Cameron who’s a love-struck nerd does not seem to be very striking though. But he’s quite funny. If you think you like the movie you might want to give it a try. It won’t be as good as the movie though but it might become one of the great teenage series. Who knows? Okay. I may have exaggerating a bit. FYI, the series also featured “I Want You To Want Me” song as the soundtrack just like the film. But in this series the song is sang by KSM while in the film the song is by Letters to Cleo. KSM is quite good but I prefer Letters to Cleo. I’m going to start digging about KSM. =]

9 response(s):

jiggins said...

i have never seen the movie or the TV series.. but i don't watch network TV .. so you will have to let me know how it goes ! :)

whibley said...

i will..but for the 1st episode it's quite good compared to 90210,u know..=]

LazyKing said...

saw the movie but not the tv series yet...
will be back here for more about 10 things hate about you

whibley said...

well you should see the trailer first..if it attracts you, then go and watch it..=] I still wait for the 2nd episode and I will blog about it later okayh..=p

Aerma Azman said...

fara, download la okie?
nanti i take it from you
:D

whibley said...

haha..FYI,ak da download la babe..=]

Aerma Azman said...

all the episodes???!!!!!

:D

wink wink!

whibley said...

uit..gile seyh..bru kua 2 episodes je Emma..cmne lak la ak nk dwnload sume? tp nnt sure full la.=]

Aerma Azman said...

then let me know, i will come to youuuuuu..
:P