The Vampire Diaries, an upcoming TV series

Sunday, July 19, 2009







Another new TV series called “The Vampire Diaries”. The Vampire Diaries is actually series of novels written by L.J Smith. The novels are very famous which is why it is being adapted into TV series and it will be premiered on September 10, 2009 on CW and CTV. I haven’t read the novels (wish I could) but I’m thrilled for the upcoming TV series. Yeah you know as always my enthusiasm for TV series is huge like a mountain perhaps. I do hope this season 1 includes 13 episodes is not going to disappoint me. I’ve always hooked onto these vampire kinds of things. Yeah you know like Twilight, True Blood, Underworld, Van Helsing and the list goes on. xD

From what I’ve read on several webs about the series, basically the series revolved around two siblings Elena and Jeremy who suffered from their parents tragic lost due to car accident. They’re trying hard to conceal their sadness and move on with their lives. However things changed when new handsome mysterious student, Stefan appeared in their school. Elena and Stefan are drawn to each other and Elena doesn’t aware of Stefan being a vampire. Stefan is like a good vampire whilst his brother is like an evil one. I also read that there are slight changes from the novels. The town is not with similar name like in the novels and Elena’s supposed to have a little sister not brother like in the series. In the series, Elena is a brown-eyed brunette compared to blue-eyed blonde in the novels. Whatever it is, I don’t care. All I care is that they’re going to have good storyline, good music and oh good acting. Haha..

After seeing the trailer, it seems to exert a pull on me because I want to know more about the vampire brothers and Elena herself. Arghh..Why I am always in this situation where I’m being exposed to vampire-human love story..It’s always romantic when the vampire’s trying to protect his human lover but it is far from being true. It’s like miraculous fantasies that are being injected to my mind. Still can’t wait for the premiere soon (It’s so far!). Hoping the series is infused with happiness, sadness, romance and everything that can keep me trying to stay following the shows. xD


Here’s the list of the cast (if that can make you interested but not me! xD):

Nina Dobrev as Elena Gilbert
Paul Wesley as Stefan Salvatore
Ian Somerhalder as Damon Salvatore
Katerina Graham as Bonnie Bennett
Steven R. McQueen as Jeremy Gilbert
Sara Canning as Jenna Moyer
Zach Roerig as Matt Donovan
Candice Accola as Caroline Truitt
Michael Trevino as Tyler Lockwood
Kayla Ewell as Vicki Donova

But here's what interests me:

The executive producers are Kevin Williamson ("Dawson's Creek," "I Know What You Did Last Summer"), Julie Plec ("Kyle XY," "Wasteland"), Leslie Morgenstein ("Gossip Girl," "Privileged") and Bob Levy ("Gossip Girl," "Privileged"). Marcos Siega ("Dexter") directed the pilot.

3 response(s):

globalwarming said...

wow,very good post and nice videos,friend!!

jiggins said...

I don't think I will be watching this.. but you never know. I am however, amazed at how much witchcraft and vampiric storylines we have in mainstream t.v these days! I don't mind.. just seems to be alot of it!

whibley said...

Thanks globalwarming..

@jiggins : i know2..nowadays there are lots of vampire-based movies,series right? I even read in a magazine, there's a poll asking people what is the thing that they're so over with? there are choices from Friendster, Vampire stories-Robpatz n etc..can't remember the other choices xD..surprisingly Vampire stories-Robpatz scored highest votes. .See?
People are getting tired with vampire stuffs esp Robpatz..=]

p/s: too bad because I'm still not over it just yet..sigh =[